FCC Net Neutrality Compliance Statement
1. Runestone Telephone Association (RTA) does not limit data traversing it’s network based on application, protocol, time of day or date.
2. In order to provide a variety of service levels for the customer to choose from, RTA does limit all data from each individual customer’s assigned IP address in accordance with the customer’s choice of service plan.
3. RTA allows the customer to connect any type of access device to it’s network. The customer is required to notify RTA prior to operating any device on our network intended to serve content or services for commercial use.
1. RTA utilizes current best practices to secure our network and equipment from unauthorized access and use.
2. It is solely the customer’s responsibility to secure their equipment and data from unauthorized access and use.
3. RTA reserves the right to use all methods at our disposal to protect the integrity of our network in the event of criminal or malicious activity, a Denial of Service (DOS) attack, or equipment malfunction including either RTA or customer owned equipment.
RTA utilizes several different technologies to deliver service to the customer’s premises. Not all technologies are available in all areas. Some or all of the following advertised Internet Service Options are available depending upon the technology being utilized. Each service option will perform within the range advertised for that option:
Service Option (Bandwidth or Speed)
|2 Mbps||to||3 Mbps|
|5 Mbps||to||7 Mbps|
|10 Mbps||to||15 Mbps|
|20 Mbps||to||30 Mbps|
|40 Mbps||to||50 Mbps|
Latency is measured from the RTA customer demarcation equipment (RTA modem or Optical Network Terminal) to the RTA Internet gateway router. RTA makes no representation or guarantee of network performance for network segments or destinations beyond our control.
1. Fiber to the Home (FTTH) and Digital Subscriber Loop (DSL)
Network latency is not to exceed 40 milliseconds during normal network operation.
This value may be considerably lower depending upon the amount of error correction applied to the customer’s circuit. Call if you have questions.
2. Wireless delivery to the home (Excludes customer owned or operated WiFi networks)
Network latency is not to exceed 50 milliseconds during optimal network operation.
Given the daily variation in environmental conditions that affect all wireless communication, latency will vary and may exceed this value.
There are no additional specialized terms available or that can be applied to the RTA service.
RTA Internet pricing can be found here.
1. RTA does not sell or provide customer data to other commercial entities or private parties.
2. RTA utilizes commonly available technology that can view or monitor the content of data packets when necessary. The source, destination, route taken, and quantity of data packets can also be monitored.
3. Any data traversing our network or resident on our servers including e-mail and web site content can be viewed or deleted at any time by authorized RTA personnel as allowed by Federal law.
4. RTA will comply with any requests from law enforcement for customer data under the Federal CALEA law.
Please refer to our Acceptable Use Policy for further information.
If you have any questions or concerns about this statement or a service provided to you by Runestone Telephone Association please contact our office.
Runestone Telephone Association reserves the right to modify this statement at any time. Subscribers are encouraged to check back occasionally.