We are proud to offer scholarship opportunities through the Foundation for Rural Service (FRS), in
cooperation with NTCA-The Rural Broadband Association. They seek to enhance the quality of life in
America by advancing an understanding of rural issues and strongly support the continuing education
of rural youth. Each year, the foundation gives out $2,500 scholarships to an exceptional group of
rural students for their first year of college or vocational school.
Each applicant must:
• Be a graduating high school senior
• Live in a household that subscribes to at least one service from our company.
• Be a US citizen
• Be accepted by an accredited two or four year college, university or vocational-technical school
• Have at least a C grade point average (GPA)
• Express interest to return to a rural community following graduation
The application must be postmarked to FRS no later than March 1, 2019. A signature from our
general manager, board of director or designated employee of Runestone Telecom is required. You
can find the application by going to: https://www.frs.org/programs/youth-programs/scholarships